February 24, 2016

color of the day - rain in Paris

I lived in Paris for 3 years. I have some good memories about that time. Summer pic-nics with friends, a cinema next door, riding the velib' regardless of the weather, great concerts, museum visits, beatuiful people, busy flea markets and the city-flare are just a few things I miss about Paris. But I have to admit that I'm glad I don't live there anymore. I felt creatively trapped in our 35m² appartement - not able to realize all those ideas I had in mind. Extremely frustrating! And I don't know about you, but from my experience the less I do, the less I want to do, the less I do. Because I couldn't create due to the lack of space I lost inspiration little by little. When moving to Austria, it took some time to regain motivation and inspiration. I needed to force myself to just start doing anything, no matter what! Gladly it worked and the passion which I thought had been lost came back. 

What came out of the dyeing pot today reminded me of Paris. It's strange and magical how colors have the ability to stir up moods and memories. 





hand dyed silk fibers, color inspiration found on tumblr 

1 comment:

  1. eToro is the ultimate forex trading platform for newbie and established traders.

    ReplyDelete